Time for Ella's semi-annual meme. I began writing my own last year when I decided that many of the memes I ran across were either lame or just plain stupid. Seems like we are in the Dog Days of Summer already so have a go at these prompts and questions. Leave a few out if you think some are too revealing. Remember, it is just as much fun to answer as it is to read other people's responses. If you have never tried a meme before, jump in the water with both feet, and cool off.
1. Name a place where you have always wanted to make love with your partner.
Have always dreamed about sex in a beach house with the moonlight shining in, filmy curtains blowing in a breeze, and the soft sound of the waves.
2. What is your least favorite implement for a discipline spanking?
That would be an antique rice paddle that I myself bought and intended for play. But the implement is really secondary to how pissed off Sam is.
3. Name or describe a piece of lingerie in which your husband loves to see you.
Sam will truly sit up and pay attention to a red corset and black stockings. I admit it is pretty once it is all on, but the bloody garters drive me crazy.
4. Do you favor silver jewelry or gold? Besides a wedding ring, do you have a signature piece that you wear often or even every day?
I like wearing both silver and gold together now. If I had to choose only one pair of earrings, they would be silver hoops.
5. What was the worst job you ever had?
A real toss-up here. Could be waitress in a hippie coffee shop. Could be daycare for toddlers. Could be the RCA television factory.
6. Is there something your husband does (or doesn't do) around the house that drives you crazy?
Absolutely hate that he leaves toothpaste yuck on the faucet and in the sink.
7. What is the hardest thing you ever had to learn? Could be school, career, life, or even ttwd.
I would say that would have to be a statistics course requirement for my undergraduate work. It was awful, and I would lock myself away from the rest of the family for hours so I could study.
8 Besides a spanking, tell us something that always brings a tear to your eye. Could be a movie, a song, a memory, or something else.
Well, first, I would have to admit to being a bit of a crier. Happy times, sad times, and anything in between. Seeing a Shakespeare play almost always includes a tear, no matter if it is a comedy or a tragedy. Another thing that is pretty much a sure thing for tears is hearing Amazing Grace played by bagpipes. And almost always, I will tear up when singing the Star-Spangled Banner.
9. What was your favorite grade in school (K through 12) and why?
Without a doubt that would be fourth grade, when I didn't have to go to Catholic school anymore. Public school and Mrs Kennedy. There was art and music and parties and hugs from a teacher. Kissed that dark blue catechism goodbye and never looked back.
10. As a child, did you have a favorite stuffed animal or doll that you took to bed?
Yes, he was a little blue and white stuffed dog named Bonnie. His eyes were always closed and his head rested on his front paws. My mother threw him away when I was seven, and I held it against her for many years.
11. What was a make-believe game you loved to play when you were a kid?
I know it sounds strange, but my little brother and I used to play "Two Old Ladies." We had numerous old lady names like Bernice and Maude and Bertha. We dressed up (hats, too) and went driving in our car (a big old armchair tipped on its back. We said old lady things to each other and had silly arguments and complained about having lumbago.
12. Look in your closet. Is there a lot of one particular color? Are you drawn to that color when you shop?
Yes, I love army green and olive green. One has a little more yellow in it. My closet has more of this color than any other. If I am in a rush, I know that any one of those jackets will make me feel happy.
13. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? What is your favorite soft beverage?
This one is so easy, that you probably already know. That answer would be beer. Remember the wise Ben Franklin quote, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
As far as a soft drink is concerned, other than coffee, it would be iced tea.
14. If you could have your dream job for a day, what would it be?
You all will laugh at me, but I have always wanted to be Judge Judy. Sometimes when I get home from work and am cleaning, I will flip on the TV before the local news starts. I just adore Judge Judy, and she gets paid to tell stupid people to shut up. That would be a dream come true.
15. Describe your wedding gown. If you didn't have a gown, tell us about what you wore. If you were going to get married again, what would you pick today?
My sweet, wonderful aunt made my dress. We chose a Vogue pattern that had an empire waistline and lace sleeves. It was white taffeta under a sheer voile lace and trimmed in pearls. We spent $125 on the fabric, pattern, and trim. That seemed like so much money at the time. Well, I cannot imagine getting married again, but I would probably choose a white suit.
16. Tell us about your first car! How old were you? Did you give it a name? Do you remember how much it cost?
My first car cost less than my wedding dress, only $100. It was a mint green 1953 Ford Fairlane. And no, I was not 16 in that year! It was very used by the time I bought it. Gosh, I loved that car! It was positively huge inside. We actually took out the back seat one time and fit a dead motorcycle back there.