Thursday, August 17, 2017

Naked Cleaning ?





Sam is a man of many talents.  Besides being a great lover and the HOH around this house, he enjoys working on vintage cars and can build beautiful furniture.  He is an excellent grill master and very tech savvy.  He restores rifles and is quite an accomplished marksman.  Before the days of digital photography, he built his own darkroom.  As his wife, I brag that he is very handy with repairs of any kind.  When the boys were small, they believed there was nothing "Dad" could not fix.




So that is what Sam "is."  What he is NOT is "tidy."  The man never throws anything away, and his office at home becomes unmanageable after a while.  So does his office at work, but I do not have to live with that.  Papers and books piled everywhere and stuffed into every available nook and cranny.  Asking him nicely to sort and discard just doesn't work.  He will spend 5 minutes and tell me he is done.  Of course, it doesn't look a bit different.  So every few years we clean "together."  This is one of those activities where we used to be ready to kill each other in a matter of an hour.


Post ttwd-adoption, I know I have to tread more lightly.  No barking orders or hands on my hips.  No raising my voice.  Believe me, it takes much self-control to stay positive and patient.




We had made progress, and we were both pleased.  Almost done, in fact.  I was off work on a Friday, and gave Sam a hug and kiss as he got ready to leave for work.  He patted my bottom as I headed to the bedroom to get in the shower.  As soon as I had stripped down, I remembered that I had wanted to ask Sam if we could PLEASE finish cleaning the last section of his office on Saturday morning.  It is better to plant the seed early.




I raced back to the front door before Sam could leave.  His hand was on the door knob when I came around the corner into the entry.  He turned and then just got the biggest grin on his face.

"Sorry to hold you  up, Hon," I explained.

"No problem." he smiled and took a step toward me.

"Before you go, I just wanted to ask if we could finish in your study tomorrow."

"Well, we most certainly can, especially if you don't wear any clothes."

Now it was my turn to smile.  "Maybe."

"Wouldn't mind a little French maid outfit either," Sam countered.




"That probably won't happen, mister," and now I was teasing, "but the naked might."  I kissed him again and turned to head back to the shower.

There was a mighty smack on my bare ass, and I squeaked a little protest.  After checking out my bottom in the mirror, I waited for the water to warm up.  





"Hmmm," I thought.  "Naked cleaning?  There are probably pros AND cons to that idea," I pondered while rubbing my rear end.   After all, the study has been a mess this long.  Surely the cleaning will still be there the next day.  And it was. 





25 comments:

  1. Hi Ella, very nice way to clean, even if not much gets done. At least your clothes won't get dirty while you are doing it.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I never thought of that! Great idea. I save my most horrible jeans and tees just for cleaning and gardening. Less laundry, too.

      Hugs Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  2. Ella,
    Where, oh, where did you find that last photo? What a keeper! Funny, we would all clean a lot more with that attitude. Jack loves me naked and walking around the house......... I like that too, but I do love wearing my Frenchies and a lacy cami as well. Decisions, decisions! I just know your home is sparkling.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere, I think finding that last photo was just the "luck of the blogger." I am sure Sam would appreciate the Scarlet Knickers for cleaning, too.

      Lace camis are a favorite of mine. I have even found a few that are warm for winter. The lace looks so pretty showing at the neck of a sweater.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  3. Hubby is pretty good about helping out around the house, especially if we're doing a big clean, but I bet he'd look a lot happier about it if I had no clothes on. The children would be traumatized though and I'm not sure we can afford that kind of therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, Penny! As far as the kids are concerned there is always grandma's house.

      So glad to hear from you,
      Ella

      Delete
  4. I love this, Ella, absolutely love it. I think our bedroom needs a thorough cleaning this weekend. Only room we could use, without traumatizing the children, as Penny pointed out! But I love this idea and I know a certain hubby who would too! This post is why I've missed visiting around here so much. You ladies give me some of the best ideas ever!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps this idea will catch on, Baker. I do the cleaning usually, as Sam does not see dirt and could care less. He does vacuum once in a while. Our vacuum is so heavy, that he doesn't like me lifting it.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  5. Hi Ella, ooh I love this! That's my idea of cleaning :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz. "Tidy is as tidy does" is something my grandmother used to say.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  6. The cleaning wouldn't get done but, hey, there's always another day! Fun post, Ella.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on that one, Rosie. Glad you enjoyed this post.

      Hugs Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  7. Do you want to borrow my maids outfit? Loved the post.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, I should have known! If anyone would have a French maid outfit it would be you. To be truthful, I have always had a bit of a fantasy that includes dusting on a high shelf wearing one of those. Perhaps I should rethink.

      Hugs Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  8. I just got a lecture from BIKSS in the car early in the morning about NOT running around the apartment naked. But that's probably because I live in a very dense country. and the flats are way too close together. *rolls eyeballs* I've STOPPED running around the flat naked...mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to you. Luckily we have enough privacy fencing, that is not something I would think about much.

      Thinking of your situation, though, there could be some lovely spanking involved by poking the bear.

      Just Saying,
      Ella

      Delete
  9. I'm the culprit in our life - Ray is almost OCD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you have much to be thankful for, Sunny. Ray is an amazingly romantic man and neat, too!

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  10. My mother often offers to help with housework. Next time she tries to help, I'll send the children out the door with her. This could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a fantastic idea, a little cleaning, a little fun, a little cleaning, more fun.
    What's not to like, who cares about the study! Buy yourself a big feather duster and go to town!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naked cleaning sounds a wonderful way to accomplish that and more. Must try it, thanks for the idea Ella.
    Hope it worked for you.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that sounds like some mighty fine cleaning (or almost cleaning), Ella!:) Hmmm... I wonder if I could pull that off around here, once our youngest heads back to college. That would have worked fine at our old house, not so sure that it would work out here, unless we pulled all the blinds... Rob sure would like it. LOL!

    I'm thinking that you should borrow Ronnie's maid outfit! Enjoy! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. not sure how much cleaning would get done...but would be much more fun that is for certain! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete