Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gobble, Gobble




At this time of year, I am already in full swing with my Christmas shopping.  It needs to be done by December 1st unless it is coming from Amazon.  I refuse to go near the mall after Thanksgiving.  Besides, Sam and I have lots of family and friends out of state, and those gifts need to be shipped in good time so they reach their destination before Dec. 24th.
  



Once Thanksgiving is over, my goal for the long weekend is to
have all the gifts that are going in the post ready to go by the
Monday following.  I think most call that day Cyber Monday, but I call it "Post Office Monday."  Actually Sam does the post office run since he doesn't do any of the shopping, wrapping, or packaging.  The job  can be a heavy one, too!




For some on our faraway gift list, we send gifts of food.  Easy.  Our absolutely favorite yummy treat comes from a little town in the great state of Texas.  Greenberg Turkeys are delicious smoked birds that are delivered fully cooked to anywhere in the contiguous United States.  You can choose any size turkey between 6 and 16 pounds.  It is easy to order and you can pick the delivery date to suit the recipient's wishes.  It is a good idea to order these early because it is a small company, and they do run out.




Sam and I had discussed who should receive a turkey this year, but Sam kept forgetting to pull up the website to get it done.  One early morning after visiting all of you out in blogland, I left Sam a big yellow virtual "Post It" note on the monitor using a very cool app.  Clever little idea that will actually pop up the next time you boot up the computer.  It would be the first thing Sam would see when he sat down with his  coffee. 




I really wanted it to catch his attention with no nagging, so he would get this task done.  Hmmm?  Then it came to me!

                                               I wrote,

                             One Day Only!

                     Order 2 Greenberg Turkeys
                               and get a free
                                  Blow Job!

                             I thought it would make him laugh.

    It worked!  The turkeys were ordered lickety split that morning.




One to family and one to dear friends, both in Florida.  Love to check things off the Christmas list.  Done and done!  

I got busy in the kitchen doing something for a little while when suddenly I heard Sam behind me.

                              "Ahem," was the noise he made.




When I turned to see what he wanted, he smiled and told me he had come to redeem his coupon.  I started to giggle and still wasn't sure whether he was just kidding.

                                             He Wasn't.

He pointed to the floor to indicate he wanted me to kneel in front of him.  I stopped giggling and just smiled at him.  Sam held my hands and helped me to my knees.  I always love looking up a him as I unzip his jeans.  No talking, just licking my lips.




Thanksgiving soon and Christmas on the way - makes me think of presents.  I love to give presents.  As I got busy paying up on Sam's coupon, I thought of the turkeys that had been ordered.  Mmmm....  My mouth was quite full at the time, and I just couldn't help myself.

                                    All I could think of was...... 

                                           Gobble, Gobble - 



                             


24 comments:

  1. Hi Ella! :) This post made me LOL, and smile. I'm still smiling! Very clever lady! I'll have to remember that one for some similar situation. HAHA!

    You also cracked me up thinking "Gobble Gobble" as you fulfilled your debt! Too Funny! You are wonderful!! <3

    Good for you on the shopping. I have yet to get busy! I do have a thing or two put away so far.

    Wishing you and Sam a wonderful, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving! Lots of love,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to talk with your mouth full, Katie. I could think "Gobble Gobble," but couldn't say it. Glad my post made you laugh.

      Happy Turkey Day,
      Ella

      Delete
  2. Have a great thanksgiving! That was a clever way to get the job done with no nagging. Good idea :)
    I should think about free blowjob coupons too! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fondles,
      Yes, this is not the first suggestive note I have ever left for Sam. He loves my clever ways. Even long ago, I used to leave him notes on the bathroom mirror.

      Enjoy your Thanksgiving,
      Ella

      Delete
  3. Ella,
    You have me laughing from the very beginning. You told your tale in an most delicious way. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Sam.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere, I am so glad it made you laugh. I was a bit torn whether I should post this story or not.

      No more being bossy in the kitchen, my friend. And that is a hard thing to do when cooking this holiday dinner!

      Keep laughing,
      Ella

      Delete
  4. Hi Ella, well I never , you are feeling better, lol. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, I am definitely back to my old ways. I am very thankful for my doctor and the medications that have worked so well.

      Thankful For All My Friends, Too,
      Ella

      Delete
  5. Great post, left me giggling! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just getting this story down on paper made me giggle all over again. I was never really sure Sam would want to collect on this coupon offer.

      Being Thankful for TTWD,
      Ella

      Delete
  6. Ella, can you picture me laughing on the other side of the Pond? What a great way to ensure Sam’s task got done! I’m still putting my hands over my ears and singing ‘La la la la, can’t hear you’ when anyone mentions Christmas. I’ll have to knuckle down soon though.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Sam.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, Rosie. I usually put Hugs Across the Pond, but laughing is fine, too. I don't mind wrapping and baking in December, but no madness and shopping!

      Giggles Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  7. Great idea, I might have to use that. And you are very smart with your shopping. I use to try to do that. Now most of my shopping is done on Cyber Monday. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie, it is my favorite little App these days. Usually used for practical reminders, but I like being creative.

      Hoping that you can stay in your pajamas all day Monday!

      Ella

      Delete
  8. Good gravy, Ella...talk about organized! There are some years, I haven't gotten the last of my shopping done until 2 days before Christmas! Your Gobble Gobble as you paid your debt totally cracked me up...still giggling. Wishing both of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I so love when you say, "Good gravy." And it is especially appropriate on Thanksgiving. No one wants lumps in the gravy.

      Thanks for the Blessings, my friend,
      Ella

      Delete
  9. Ella, This is so funny and what a great idea! Eric would love to find a post-it note like that. And you are right; no nagging with that kind of coupon. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Like you, I hate the crowds so today was my post office day. Mailed all of my out of state packages and even sent off a pack of Christmas Cards! I am on it this year.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am duly impressed, Amy, if you have everything in the mail already. Plan to watch a Christmas movie and work on the Christmas cards tonight.

      Hope your Thanksgiving is the best!
      Ella

      Delete
  10. LOL Ella, made me laugh out loud. That's something I'd do. You are organised. Too early for me to think about Christmas yet.

    Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an honor, Ronnie! If this is something you would do, then I have made the grade. Usually Sam reads my posts, but I don't know if he has caught this one yet. I think he will smile all over again.

      Thankful For All my Friends Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  11. Great idea Ella.

    Have a good holiday. I join you in not stepping near the malls until after the first of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny. Going to the mall is like descending into hell during December. I like turning on the Christmas music and baking. Then I am full of good cheer.

      Enjoy your Turkey Day,
      Ella

      Delete
  12. Isn't best day to be ready for X/Mas the day before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree, King. We have a huge family dinner on the 24th and open family presents that night. It takes so long to get ready, but never very long to get them all opened! So much cooking and baking, too.

      Love that You Came to Visit Today!
      Ella

      Delete