Monday, July 8, 2019

Funny Old Meme

This is quite an old meme, probably from last fall.  I've held on to it because I thought it was such a good one and enjoyed reading all of yours.  Thanks to whoever introduced it!  I can't even remember.  Goodness only knows when I will get around to PK's new meme!


1.  I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick 
up 5 items.  You can only pick one thing from the following departments.  What do you choose?




Produce - Pineapple
Frozen - Healthy Choice Fudge Bars
Dairy - Whole Milk (for baking)
Meat - Steak
Canned Goods - Chili Beans

Note: I think there has been an error here.  Where is Bakery?  And what about the Liquor department?  My answer is Beer! 


2.  Let's say you're heading out for a weekend getaway.  You're only allowed 3 articles of clothing with you.  So, what's in your bag?

Oh, this is a hard one for Ella, folks!  If I am assuming that shoes and underthings don't count, I would pick ...

                                    Jeans, Tee shirt, and Jacket.




3.  If  I were to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 4 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?

a.  "I love you, mister"

b.  "What did I come into this room for?"

c.  "Ding, ding, ding.  It's Happy Hour!"

d.  "Please clean up the kitchen counter."



4.  So, what 4 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do them, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?

a.  Swiffer all the bare floors.

b.  Put on my makeup.

c.  Love on my dog.

d.  Sit on Sam's lap.






5.  You're driving down the road, and suddenly you're hit with this sense of road rage.  What 3 factors probably contributed to it?

Oh, this is such a real thing for me.  In fact, my temper in the car is something Sam has helped me work on (the ttwd way.)  Things that drive me crazy would be:

a.  People that can't get completely over into a left hand turn bay and block the traffic behind them!!!

b.  People that keep turning left even after their green arrow is gone!!!

c.   Two cars going exactly the same speed next to each other so that nobody can pass them!!!




6.  You just scored a whole afternoon to yourself.  We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around.  What 5 activities might we find you doing.

a.  Out tending plants in the garden.
b.  Reading a Cassie book with a bag of Tootsie Rolls.
c.  Baking bread to surprise Sam.
d.  Checking out the sale wall at Loft.
e.  Movie with a jumbo buttered popcorn.





7.  We're going to the zoo.  But it looks like it could start storming so it'll have to be a quick visit.  What 3 exhibits do we have to get to.

a.  Monkeys, for sure.  Can watch them for hours.
b.  Giraffes are such gentle, graceful animals.
c.  Polar bears always look like they are having fun!






8.  You just scored tickets to the taping of any television show of your choice.  You can pick 4, so what are you going to see?

a.  Fixer Upper on HGTV, although they are not taping anymore.
b.  Judge Judy (She gets paid millions to be bossy!)
c.  American Pickers
d.  Project Runway





9.  You're hungry for ice cream.  I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone.  What flavors can I pile on for ya?

a.  Chocolate Fudge Brownie
b.  New York Super Fudge Chunk
c.  Death by Chocolate

                                   Do you see a pattern here?




10.  Somebody stole your purse/wallet.  In order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it.  So, what's in there?

a.  Sunglasses
b.  Tissues
c.  Phone
d.  Pen
e.  Gum



11.  You are at a job fair and are asked in what areas you are interested in pursuing a career.  Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?

Well, I am liking retirement just fine, thank you.  But for the sake of the meme, here's what I would say.

a.  Lawyer or Judge
b.  Research Scientist
c.  Interior Designer
d.  Drama Teacher




12.  If you could go back and talk to the old you when you were in high school and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?

a.  "Spend as much time as you can with Dad.  
      He's not going to be here very long."

b.  "Sam's the one."
c.  "Trust that you can tell Sam any secret."
d.  "You're not the only girl in the world who wants to be spanked."



13 comments:

  1. I remember this meme; love your answers, Ella. I think question 2 must be a trick - how could anyone take only three items of clothing for a weekend away?
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie,
      Exactly! But it is always shoes that I have to keep under control when I am packing!

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  2. I too remember this meme. Love your answers Ella. Chocolate is definitely the answer! Love your answer to the last question.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is especially important when considering ice cream flavors. The darker the chocolate, the better!

      Sending Hugs Down Under,
      Ella

      Delete
  3. I don't remember this meme. I'm with Rosie, can't imagine only taking 3 items of clothing anywhere but a beach vacation would include a bathing suit, a towel and beach coverup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, you are right. Perhaps a beach vacation would work, but then there is always that nasty feeling of sand up your bum crack!!!

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  4. Ella,
    Cute meme............. maybe I will do this! I just might surprise you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere,
      It would be a treat for everyone to have you do this meme. I think it is one that doesn't get that personal, and I loved the last question.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  5. I love your idea for how to spend an afternoon! And with only three clothing items allowed I knew you'd have to have a jacket!

    Here are my answers to this meme: https://elisnewbeginnings.blogspot.com/2018/09/meme-i-hate-to-pass-one-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was so hoping you would catch my little Cassie plug, my friend! I wish that the Tootsie Rolls didn't have any calories though. Lately I have to be careful about sugar too, and that sucks.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  6. I love your answer ‘d’ to question 12, so very, very true but who knew back then.
    Always interesting answers to memes, I love getting these small glimpses.
    Thanks for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Laurel. That secret stayed hidden for so many years. Yes, memes are a fun glimpse into the women we know in blogland.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  7. I remember this meme- such great questions and I love your answers. I am smiling right now. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete