If you are not or were not a teacher, dig back in time. What were the components of a standard book report? Let me see: title, author, # of pages, setting, theme, main characters, plot or rising action, climax, and denouement. However, I have no intention of spoiling your fun if you have not yet curled up with the latest Cassie book. This post is just to whet your appetite!
"Be sure to use complete sentences!"
she says in her best teacher voice.
Title: Cassie's Influence (6th in the Cassie series!)
Author: P.K. Corey (the Great, I might add)
Number of Pages: 147
Theme(s) fun, friendship, spanking with love
- Cassie - the sweet, happy, slightly madcap heroine of this story. I think of her as the Lucy Ricardo of spanking fiction, and Cassie is every bit as loveable as Lucy!
- Tom - her loving husband - handsome, successful, and old-fashioned. The ultimate HOH. He keeps Cassie on the straight and narrow (most of the time.)
- Sue, Annie - Cassie's best friends. Sue now lives close to Cassie along the river and can sometimes lead Cassie into trouble. Annie visits from California.
- Allie, Ryan - young friends and proteges of Cassie and Tom.
- Nancy - antagonist and general bitch.
When Cassie first met Tom, she was partying hard and determined to be the "bad girl." Tom fell in love with her despite her wild ways, and gave her life some structure. He expects her to act like a proper lady, and when Cassie forgets Tom's rules, he reminds her with some serious spanking. Their love story and their marriage have remained solid through the years. Cassie rarely stays out of trouble for long, and her loving Tom is always there to set her back on course.
All the Other Book Report Stuff -
Cassie's Influence is full of delightful subplots!
Cassie wants to help with Sue and Steve's marital setback, but is unknowingly dragged into a plan that Sue engineers to deceive the guys. Sometimes I don't think I like Sue that much.
Then Cassie gets an extraordinary surprise for her birthday when Tom whisks her off on a vacation to a Caribbean island. The birthday present gets even better with a huge announcement.
Cassie's young friend, Allie, finds out the hard way that following in Cassie's footsteps isn't always the best choice.
My favorite subplot in this book is when a new character, Nancy, decides to stick her nose into Cassie's life. Adios, Bitchacho!
This book takes Cassie through the calendar of another year. The circular pattern was comfortable and familiar - like coming home. Cassie herself is such an indomitable and joyful character that I am already looking forward to her next story.
Thanks mucho, PK! Well done.