There's a holiday this weekend and several days off work for me as well. I should have a big smile on my face and be doing my Happy Ella Dance. I'm not though, and instead, I am wishing the weekend was over. While I was busy dreading the upcoming days at home, I suddenly thought of all of you out in blogland. I love the way you all support each other through hard or challenging times, especially if spanking is involved.
Sam has 2 older sisters who I will refer to as Patty and Selma. I am not a big Simpsons fan, but I do know who they are, and, boy howdy, there are some striking similarities. One sister, Patty, lives in town near us and is pretty much a constant thorn in my side. The other sister, Selma, and her husband are coming to visit for almost 4 whole days. They are both bossy know-it-alls with everyone they meet. I try to love them, but it is hard. If they manage to form a friendship outside the family, they usually alienate the person fairly quickly. So I don't think I am the only one they pick on, but I don't have the advantage of being able to ignore them.
- If I am cooking something, Patty is sure to tell me how to do it or how another utensil would work better.
- If I am putting on my make-up or doing my hair, Selma will tell me how refreshing it is when a woman doesn't care how she looks/is natural.
- If I am cleaning up the kitchen, Patty will make a big deal out of helping but will never finish, saying, "Well, that's good enough." And Selma will tell me she values her guests too much to spend time to tidy up.
- When the kids were young, Patty would tell me how her child never had that problem. Selma would tell me that I let the baby cry for 8 1/2 minutes.
- When working on either of my degrees, Selma would say how hard it must be on Sam and the kids.
- If I turn down a piece of cake, Selma will tell everyone what a shame it is that women worry about their figures. Patty will say, "Oh, she never wants to have any fun.
This sign hangs in our kitchen. I really do need a good attitude for this weekend, and I really need your good advice. Or at least some positive energy. Please send anything that you think might help. I will check my comments and email for some wisdom or love from you. And thanks, friends.