Terps over at A Place to Share asked so many questions, that I finally decided to pick just 15 to answer. Thanks for all the fun, Terps!
1. Have you ever seen the seals on the pier in San Francisco?
Yes, I have and they were so cool. I have never been as cold in the month of June as I was on that trip to San Francisco.
2. Have you ever been to Disney World?
Yes, and Disneyland, too. But now it is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that I want to see so badly!
3. Have you ever injured yourself sneezing?
No, but I once had a terrible experience when I swallowed and hiccuped at the same time.
4. Have you ever been playing a game with a child only to realize that you are still playing long after they left?
Yes. Like PK, I will confess to coloring when my kids had lost interest. I always used to cheat while playing Chutes and Ladders. Hated that game. I would stack the card deck so they would win very quickly.
5. Have you ever stopped and truly looked at the beauty in nature before you?
I do love that. Not only vistas and huge places, but the little things, too.
6. Have you ever been so relaxed and lazy spending Christmas day with your immediate family that instead of cooking a big fancy meal you ended up making hot dogs for dinner instead (and saved the Christmas meal for the day after)?
Not hot dogs. But we do have an unconventional Christmas Day menu anyway. We do a huge fish fry every year.
7. Have you ever wished upon the first star of the night while reciting the poem "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight" ?
Probably, and somehow this makes me think of Jiminy Cricket. "When you wish upon a star...." I do sing to the moon as well.
8. Have you ever opened your front door to be welcomed by a hissing snake?
God no! I am scared silly of snakes. I would probably never open my front door again.
9. Have you ever eaten peanut butter straight out of the jar?
Nope. But there is a peanut butter cookie that I make, and I love to eat the cookie dough.
10. Have you ever nursed your babies...almost 5 years in a row (2 years for the first child all the way through your pregnancy of the second and then 2-1/2 years with the second)?
Yes. I did much better with my 2nd baby than my first. I can't imagine doing it that long! I did, however, enjoy making my own baby food.
11. Have you ever gone outside on a rainy summer day with your umbrella so you could dance while singing "Singing in the Rain"?
When I was teaching in a location with very limited annual rainfall, one day we heard a noise on the roof of our classroom. It took us a quiet minute to figure out it was finally rain after 4 solid months of drought! I told the kids if we were very quiet, we could just go outside and stand in it. They were angels, and we just stood there with the rain hitting our faces.
12. Have you ever watched a lightning storm?
Love lightning and thunder! Sam and I have set up lawn chairs in the garage to enjoy the show.
13. Have you ever smiled so much your cheeks ached?
Has to be me in London!
14. Have you ever jumped in the waves of the Atlantic ocean?
I don't think so. Have always been on the Gulf Coast. I love beaches!
15. Have you ever walked into a wall, when you were completely sober? (did I mention I have a clumsy streak? And yes, I understand the irony considering I am a dancer at heart.)
At least once a day. Very clutzy. I probably have better balance when I am drinking.
Have you ever felt really close to someone you've never met?
Yes, now that I know so many of you.