1. Name a favorite movie of his. Do you like it, too? If he doesn't have a favorite movie, substitute a TV series.
There are several favorites, but I think my answer would have to be The Magnificent 7. Yes, I do like it, too. We just about know it by heart but still pull it out once in a while.
2. Tell us something you cook or bake that gets him so happy. Do you add something special that makes your recipe unique?
Sam gets very excited when I make a yeast recipe for English Muffin Bread. The only thing different from other yeast breads is the cornmeal. It is really yummy!
3. What does he wear to bed?
He always showers at night, so I guess it is clean underwear.
4. Does he have or has he ever grown a beard or mustache? Did you (or do you) like it or not?
He has had a beard for almost our whole marriage. It used to be a chestnut color. Now it is mostly white. I have always liked it.
5. If they were going to make a movie of your husband, what actor would you pick to play him?
Sean Connery - I think there is a slight resemblance, at least in this picture. I have had a "thing" for Sean Connery since I was 14 years old. The Scottish accent helps, too. He could sound sexy even if he was reading a grocery list.
6. Who is neater around the house, you or him? Then give us a sloppy example.
Definitely me! This is an area where I have learned to control my nagging because of ttwd. I think one of the biggest problems (from Ella's point of view) is that he does not clean up after himself in the kitchen very well.
7. If you could buy him tickets to any concert (even if it's from the past), what musician or group would be singing or playing?
It would have to be the Rolling Stones. He loved them when we were young, still loves them now that we are older, and at every age in between. He will still play their music incredibly loud sometimes.
8. Does he wear a wedding ring? Do you care?
No, he has not worn it in years. I could care less.
9. How old was he and how old were you on the day you met? What else do you remember about that day?
We were both 15 years old, and it was the first school day of our sophomore year in high school. We were together for Geometry and English that year.
10. If he is the one to choose an ethnic restaurant for dinner out, would it be Chinese, Indian, Mexican, French, Italian, Greek, or ...........?
He likes so many kinds of ethnic foods, but I would have to say Mexican.
11. Is there a photo of him as a child that you find especially endearing? Tell us about it.
Yes, I love the one of him in his Cub Scout uniform when he was 8 years old. Big resemblance to our Son #2.
12. If you were going to choose a dress in a color just to please him, what color would it be?
Either burgundy red or black - Anything that also exposes any cleavage would be quite popular with Sam, too. He also likes a waistline on a dress.
13. Do you (or did you) love his mother? Why or why not?
No, I could never love her. I was kind to her and did my duty. Sam understood completely. She was pretty much just nuts. I do think that is why Patty and Selma are also very difficult women. Thank the Lord, Sam took after his father. I loved that man as much as my own dad.
14. Name a famous person he really admires.
Hands down, the answer to this is Winston Churchill. His study shelves are filled to the brim with biographies of this man.
15. How does your husband take his coffee or tea?
Sam likes his coffee strong and black.
16. Does your man know how to dance? Is it something you both enjoy?
Unfortunately, no. I have always wanted it to be something we could do together, but I doubt that will ever happen. Once in a great while, I can get him to hold me and move his feet when I put on a special song from high school.
|From Ella to Sam|
Can't wait to hear from all of you.
Tell us about your favorite guy in the world.