It's always so much fun to hear from the husbands. So this post is dedicated to giving them a voice. The following are questions to be asked of your dear man. I expect that you will need to take notes when you conduct this interview. If it helps, use a recorder to be sure you can retell his words. I have done this with Sam and he had lots to say! We laughed a lot, too.
Please feel free to skip any questions that do not apply. :)
1. If you could be 16 years old again for a day, how would you spend those 24 hours?
Get up early in the morning and take Ella to see the sunrise on Lake Michigan. Visit the Museum of Science and Industry - downtown Chicago. Take the train. Have lunch at the old Berghoff. Hit a movie in Downers Grove and sit in the back row to make out. Stop at McDonald's. Bring Ella home and have a beer with her mom.
2. Name one thing your wife could do for which you would spank her in a heartbeat. If you don't spank your wife, tell us about something she does that you find very irritating.
Slamming doors. Instantaneously. No question about it!
3. Is there a vacation destination or experience about which you have always dreamed? Would you want to take your wife or do this particular trip on your own?
Ella and I already did it. Normandy........ Well, maybe the old Indianapolis 500 or Watkins Glen. With the racing regulations the way they were back in the 80's. The old Can Am. And I would take Ells if she were willing to go. Maybe Le Mans in France. That would be fun. It's a 24 hour race. It's cool.
4. Tell us about something your wife does that has a childlike quality to it. It could be something happy or silly or something else.
Singing to herself when she's happy. "Dat da da da dum......"
5. If you are a father, what was something that you did with your kid(s) that brought you a great deal of happiness
Fishing was always fun. With the two boys doing their little comedy show. An all day affair. "The great white whale.....Moby Dick" (laughter). Fishing in Michigan and Colorado.
6. Do you see your wife as submissive?
Now and again but not consistently. But we always rectify that with a little hand talk. After a talk with Mr. Paddle she is most submissive. It grounds her. Puts things in perspective. Ella loses perspective when she gets wonky.
7. Which of you is the most outgoing?
Ella, easily. By far.
8. What is an outdoor activity that you enjoy?
An indoor activity? (besides sex!)
Outdoor - Shooting. Long range shooting. Target shooting. Focus - it's like golf. It's like zen. Like mindset. Clears your mind. Zen is the best way to say it.
Indoor - Reading war books with Ella at our favorite pub on a Saturday afternoon.
9. What's the greatest car that has ever been built?
Cobra Mustang. ...427. 500 horse power. Four-speed transmission. Hurst shifter. It was the Bullitt Car, basically. Like in Steve McQueen's Bullitt movie!
10. Do you like to shop for your own clothes or do you prefer that your wife do that for you? Or is the Internet the best way to shop?
Wife - by mutual agreement. I don 't like to shop. But I do sometimes because of the pick. Ella picks flashy clothes sometimes. Not me. And I don't like alligators on the pockets! The Internet will point you in the right direction - I've used it for jeans, belts, coats.
|Just Say No|
11. Think about movies you like. Are they usually ones that you and your wife both enjoy? Or do your tastes run far from what she usually likes?
We have intersections of ones we both like. That match. War movies, historical stuff, political, some mysteries. And then a whole bunch in the middle. Ones Ella likes that I don't and ones that I like that she doesn't. But after that, no! No chick flicks! And I know she hates Terminator, Walker - Texas Ranger, John-Claude Van Damme.
|This is a Sam Favorite.|
|This is an Ella Favorite.|
12. When you are away from home, what do you miss the most?
My lady........and my "dawg." That's it.
Hope that some of you will give this a try with your guys. Sometimes we only hear of them in posts as the spankers. There's lots more to know, I think. It seems silly, but I am most anxious to learn about their opinions of the "greatest car" ever. Have fun!