Sunday, April 28, 2019

Make My Day





                What Makes Your Day Start on a Good Note?


Suddenly, about 10 o'clock yesterday morning, I realized I was smiling for no particular reason.  Then I started thinking about what had happened to make me feel so happy.  I wasn't leaving on a trip.  I wasn't expecting a visit from a far-away family member or friend.  Wasn't even going out to lunch.  Just a couple of mundane, ho-hum errands was all that was on the docket.


First off, I woke up at 6:20 am of my own volition.  No alarm clock because, happily, I am retired.  My Sam was still sleeping soundly and finally feeling better after a nasty infection had kept him down for almost 10 days.  The sun was coming up on a beautiful spring morning.  I knew I might be able to work outdoors later in the day.  Soak up the sun.  When I put my coffee on, I used the special decaf breakfast brew a blogger friend of mine sent me as a little gift. Yum!




After I tidied up the kitchen, I was online with coffee in my hand.  Caught up in blogland.  Ronnie made me laugh from way across the pond.  Terps shared her wisdom and made me think and thank.  Cat had a clever quote that I decided to send on to my brother.




My sweet doggie girl reminded me that she needed to be fed.  So I added some roast beef scraps to her kibble, and she said thank you with her tail and with her eyes.  She is an old girl now and can't play the way she used to, but hell, neither can I.  She won't chase a tennis ball down the hallway anymore, but she still likes to have her chest scratched.  When she was a pup, I taught her to "stretch" on command.  Just like how we stretch coming awake in the morning.  Then she will hold that stretch position while I gently scratch my nails on her ribs.  She goes into a happy doggy place in her mind.




More coffee and turn the news on the  television.  Not to sit on the couch though.  Time for exercise.  It feels so wonderful to have my knee almost back to normal.  To feel strong enough to do my whole routine again.  The weather report looks awesome.  My weights are hidden in a copper log bin next to the fireplace for easy access.  Balance ball, resistance bands, and ankle weights.  I certainly don't love exercising, but I surely do love how it makes me feel when I'm done.


Breakfast used to be mandatory for me, but these days I have adopted the 16/8 intermittent fasting program.  Advice from another blogger friend.  I thought it would be awful to skip breakfast, but I adapted quickly.  Again, I love how it makes me feel.




Just had my hair cut and colored so I knew it was going to look its best.  I wrapped a towel around it and stepped out of the shower.  I had the feeling it was going to be a good day.


Then guess who greeted me as I hung up the towel.  Yep, Sam was feeling much better and in the mood to toast my bottom.  Oh, it was such a nice spanking. Long and stingy with lots of loving words thrown in.  A little rubbing, too, which made us both think of something else that hadn't happened in a while.  And one thing led to another.  You know.




So there I was a few hours later with this big, dumb smile on my face.  Life is good.

                       Tell me what makes your morning happy.




27 comments:

  1. Hi Ella,

    What a wonderful start to the day you had. This made me smile :) so glad to hear Sam is on the mend and that your knee is almost back to normal.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are feeling ourselves, but lately I think we ought to knock on wood when we say that. I just love spring as well. Definitely a sun person.

      Sending Hugs Down Under,
      Ella

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ella! So wonderful to hear your knee is coming along nicely. Yay for Sam feeling well enough for some spanking fun and then some! Woo! Hoo!

    I'm not a morning person at all unless I have to be! I will fish after I have my coffee though! HA! Thanks for sharing your happy day with us. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy,
      There is nothing like getting out on a lake when it first gets light. Don't forget the coffee and donuts!

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Sunny. There will be lots of sun where you live. Enjoy the pool, my friend.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  4. Hi Ella, :) What a lovely morning you had- from dog owner love and duties, to exercising, to some lovely spanky business, and then some! Wooo Hooo!! I wish you many more of the same!!

    I remember reading that a bunch of people were interested in that particular diet plan. Glad that it is going well for you. People seem to like it. SO happy that your knee is healing up well, and that Sam is doing well too! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I love hearing from you. Our dog is so loving in the morning. Sam says sometimes she still "tries to get her puppy on." It only lasts a little while. She has pretty bad arthritis. I love that dog with all my heart.

      Ella

      Delete
  5. Leisurely mornings in bed are what make for happy mornings for us, Ella .... coffees beside us on our special little nightstand coasters, tablets in hand, visiting blogand, chatting, catching up with each other ... and if its a really good morning some sexy time :))

    We were happy to read your upbeat post ... and to hear the good news that your knee is almost fully recovered and that Sam has as well ... there have been some nasty little bugs going around this spring ... Have a great morning every day this week, my friend ...

    Hugs! ... nj (& Frank)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound like special times. I love to read in bed before I fall asleep. The only thing that keeps Sam in bed is when he doesn't feel well. Well, and SEX!

      Hugs to you and Frank,
      Ella

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a perfect morning. I'm happy with our weather and that all my family members are back home where they're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK, you make me smile. You are truly a homebody and a mother hen that likes her chicks nearby.

      Love you, kiddo!

      Delete
  7. Ella,
    Sounds like a perfet morning to be........... put on some music instead of the news and let that sunshine in.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you some sunshine, Mere. You know there is always music on in this house. Just a day ago, I was listening to a clever beach music compilation and thought of you.

      Goodnight Mrs. Calabash Where Ever You Are

      Delete
  8. What a delightful morning; no wonder you felt so happy! It’s good to hear that your knee is doing well.
    Harry’s alarm goes off at 5.45 six days a week, so what makes a morning happy for me is sleeping in later, reading the newspaper on my iPad, with music in the background and coffee on my bedside table. Simple pleasures!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee is very important, Rosie. One of these days Harry needs to toss that alarm clock!

      I confess that I still have to set it on Thursday mornings because I have a volunteer position that starts at 8:15am. I don't mind a bit though. It's a wonderful time.

      Hugs Across the Pond,
      Ella

      Delete
  9. This is the kind of day any of us would relish. The fact that Sam is feeling better alone would make you smile... I know that from reading your story for years. My best mornings? When Eric and I crawl out of bed before sunrise, head down to the beach, and make out while the rest of the world snores on.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sweet girl,
      I think any day you wake up with Eric next to you is a good day. But kisses on the beach sound just wonderful. Like the happy ending to a movie.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  10. Reading this made me happy....glad to hear the knee is getting there...My happy morning is waking up to a hug or 'someone' whispering in my ear....and neither one of us has to get up...so.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound lovely, Abby. I remember a couple who were my parents' age, and whenever I would spend the night, I could hear them waking up together. Listening to the radio and just chatting and laughing together. It struck me as such a nice way to start the day.

      I am so glad that my post made you happy.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  11. Your post made me happy. It's the simple things.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello there, Baker. I have been missing you. Hope life is good for you and your family. Yes, it is the simple things that really make the day special. Thanks for stopping by.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  12. Your post makes me happy.... I love it. I am not sure what makes me smile lately but I smiled while I read about your morning. Now I want to think about all of the good things that have happened lately. No spankings though, just haven't had any alone time and I could sure use one. Lol I hope your day continues to be good and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blondie,
      I love to start the day that way...wrapped in a big "I love you" spanking. Hope you get that spanking really soon and wishing lots of good things come your way.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  13. This sounds like a wonderful start to the day, good for you! It’s nice to hear that you’re both doing better these days. As they say ‘health is wealth’ and it sounds like you are once again rich in all that is important. May everyone of your mornings be so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the good wishes, Laurel. Those kinds of days do make one feel rich. And to me those kinds of spankings bring me such happiness.

      Hugs From Ella

      Delete
  14. It makes me happy to see you so happy! :-) Such a wonderful post. Keep smiling :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete